Monday, March 31, 2008

Small World

It is a small world out there. The other day I went on exchanges with the missionaries. I was talking to them and telling mission stories. I said I served north of Los Angeles. One of the Elders said "it isn't near Arcadia, is it?" I said that is exactly where it is. He said "I have a sister that served there, what years did you serve there?" I said "2000-2002". He said "that is when my sister served." I looked at his name tag and it said Elder Hamilton. I said "is Marianne your sister?", and he said "yes". So the Elder currently serving in my ward, which he is from SLC, UT, is the brother of a sister missionary from my mission 6 years ago. Man, it has been 6 years, sometimes it feels longer, sometimes shorter. In relation to a small world and missions. I was talking to a buddy in my ward and his last name is Steimle. I said there was and apartment in my mission that was named the Steimle Pad. He said "that is my great uncle!" Plus the uncle served as a mission president in Argentina the same years my wife was serving in Argentina, not the same mission, but close enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so weird. small world, dude.

All American Coin and Jewelry said...

I wanna see ur kids!
love,
mellissa fladung lewis